About the Maine PR Council
The Maine PR Council (MPRC) is a statewide association of communication professionals who are dedicated to the continuing education of its members, a commitment to excellence and to creating greater awareness of the role of public relations in the world today.
MPRC’s membership includes individuals who have current professional PR, marketing, social media, public affairs, journalism, nonprofit development responsibility (or are retired PR and communications professionals) and reside in or have business affairs in Maine; students pursuing communications careers or professionals interested in PR, but working in another field may also apply for membership.
Code of Ethics
Members of the Maine PR Council adhere to the highest ethical and professional standards. As members of this organization, we:
- Operate in the public interest.
- Deal fairly with everyone.
- Honor confidences.
- Neither create nor operate under a conflict of interest.
- Inform clients or employers that their organizations must be identifiable in all public communications.
- Communicate neither false nor misleading information.
- Report any unethical or unprofessional practice by another MPRC member to the MPRC Governing Board for potential disciplinary action.
- Accept compensation for services only from or with the approval of the client with whom those services were contracted.
- Work to ensure that clients’ or employers’ policies and actions agree with the letter and spirit of this code.
- Act in a manner consistent with the letter and spirit of this code and reject counsel to do otherwise.